Banquet Room Set-up
Banquet Room Bussing and Cleaning
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event order.
- Prepares tables, actions stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts and cordial carts with specified tools, wares and equipment according to company standards.
- Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plateware, glassware, and flatware.
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests, including checking for cleanliness, cracks and chips.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Respond to and try to fulfill and special banquet event arrangements requested by guest.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation form opening to closing.
- Follow up on special banquet arrangements requested by guest to ensure compliance.
Greeting and Seating
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, silverware/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
- Check with captain or supervisor before leaving at end of shift.
Steps of Service
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of assigned tables including ensuring courses are cleared according to department standards and tables are properly crumbed when appropriate.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
Working with Others
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service to guests.
Safety and Security
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 11,3 KG without assistance.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Demeanor
- Safety Orientation
- Stress Tolerance