The Comfort Suites Johnson Creek seeks part-time Banquet House Persons to join our team. This is a part time on call position with varying days and hours of work for the time being. As business continues to grow additional and more regular hours will become available.
· Review assignment sheets with the Sales Department ensuring the event exceeds the guest’s expectations; update completed assignments.
· Maintain complete knowledge of the daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people; location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms; all styles of meeting and banquet room settings.
· Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards, and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
· Coordinate with Account Management and the Sales team on the set up of table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, ashtrays, glasses, and so forth) as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards. Assist with the setup of routine audio/visual equipment, such as LCD projectors and screens
· Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance to departmental procedures.
· Coordinate deep cleaning of conference rooms with the custodial team lead
· Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
· Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
· Maintain complete knowledge of all Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures including safety guidelines.
· Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items/surfaces, according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and hotel requirements.
· Perform other duties as assigned, including assisting other departments on an as-needed basis
· High school degree or GED, or equivalent in work experience.
· Must have at least one to three years of prior experience in a similar position in the hospitality industry.
· Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved.
· Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
· Must be able to adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
· Prior guest relations training a plus.
· Must be able to perform in a team-oriented environment.
· Must be able to read instructions and follow cleaning schedules.
· Must be able to lift 75+ lbs. and stand for long periods.
This job operates in a hotel and conference services environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to move and lift tables, chairs, podiums, and so forth.
· Must be able to be exposed to hot, noisy, and dusty environments.
· Must be able to push heavy carts.
· Must be able to bend up and down to clean floors.
· Must be able to climb ladders to clean high surfaces.
· Must have adequate close vision to see that an area has been properly cleaned.
· Must have a Guests first attitude.
Level (Beginning, Proficient, Advanced, Mastery)
Initiative & Innovation
Collaboration & Teamwork
Spirit of Diversity & Inclusion
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to include a or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks as needed.